Deadline for submission of grant application: MAY 31, 2015
We are happy to announce that FEMS (Federation of European Microbiological Societies) will provide approximately 14 grants for Young Scientists (< 36 years) to support their attendance at the 32nd International Specialized Symposium on Yeasts (ISSY2015): Yeast Biodiversity and Biotechnology in the Twenty-First Century, September 13-17, 2015, Perugia, Italy.
The amounts of the grants are from 250 to 400 Euro (depending on the travel distance).
The applications will be evaluated by the Organizing Committee.
FEMS will organize a special reception for all grant recipients.
A Young Scientists applying for a FEMS Meeting Grant should be:
1. A member of a FEMS Member Society, confirmed by any officer of her/his society
2. Less than 36 years of age at the closing date of the meeting
3. An active microbiologist
4. A presenting author of an abstract.
Please note that applications for a grant will only be considered if they are accompanied by an online registration to the conference and the submission of an abstract.
Please DOWNLOAD your application form here
Only grant recipients that are present at the congress will receive the grant allocated to them.
Your FEMS meeting grant application should include the following documents:
- - The completed and signed FEMS application form (.pdf format)
- - Your Curriculum Vitae, considering an overview of your educational and professional career stating your position as an active microbiologist (.pdf format)
- - A list of publications
- - The title of the abstract submitted and the number of the Session Selected
- - A (signed) supporting letter from a member of FEMS Society (.pdf format)
- - Confirmation by any officer of your society of being a member of a FEMS Member Society (.pdf format)
Application procedure step-by-step
1. Please register for the conference
2. Submit your abstract
3. Download the FEMS meeting grant application form and fill it
4. Enter all the information asked below
– FEMS meeting grant application form
– Curriculum Vitae
– Supporting letter from a member of FEMS Society
– Confirmation of being a member of a FEMS Member Society
The deadline for meeting grant application is MAY 31, 2015. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of the selection process via email before JUNE 30, 2015.
If you have any questions regarding meeting grant application, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Telephone: +39 055 2755916